Thursday, November 25, 2010

In honor of Thanksgiving: our fall decor!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING, friends and family (and random blogosphere folks!) I hope everyone is having a wonderful day filled with family, fun, and foooood!

I am lucky enough to have a fiance who cooked the big old Thanksgiving meal for ME since I have a lot of homework to do and papers to grade. He is a bonafide chef, my friends. Here's a picture of my man at work with his turkey, mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy:



Here's the table all pristine, waiting for the incoming food:



And here is our delicious spread:





After gorging ourselves today, we set to Christmas-ifying our place. I realized that I should post some snaps of our fall decor before I show you how we've decorated for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! :) So, without further ado, here are the pictures of our little fall-scapes. All are from our living and dining rooms. (I will have to show pictures of the living room as it normally looks later on!)

Here's the centerpiece from our dining room table, featuring a candle I already had, some pinecones we collected from outside, a glass cake stand from Target, an acacia wood plate from Walmart and some maize that Ryan bought for us:



Here are the decorations on either side of the television. I got the large glass vase on sale from Pier 1, and I filled it with some harvest gourds that Ryan brought back one day from the store! The hurricane was also on sale from Pier 1; I put mini maize in it. I had the little stuffed turkey already, as well as the reed diffuser, the square frame, and the print inside it. I'll probably switch out the picture depending on the holiday.


Ryan bought the gourds and maize at the grocery store. The harvest basket is from the Dollar Spot at Target, the wood bowl from Walmart, and the little green dish from a consignment shop.



Here's our end table, next to our recliner:


I got the vase from a thrift store in Missoula, the frame from Michael's, the apothecary jar from Pier 1, the two smaller glasses from Goodwill, the wood chips and acorns from Walmart, and the pinecones from the great outdoors (Ryan scooped the big one up during our engagement photo session, so it has a nice memory associated with it!) Here's a close up of the glass things with the fillers:



And here's our little bookshelf in the entryway. The berry sticks are from Target--I just stuck them in a leftover olive oil jar I had handy. The hurricane holder next to the berries was on sale at Pier 1; I filled it with some maize. The hurricane in the center and the twig balls inside of it were also on sale at Pier 1.



Next year, I plan on replacing the bird prints above the bookshelf with some Thanksgiving art (which I featured in the last post!)

Here are some close-ups of this tablescape:

I got the plate from Walmart, the filler from Target (I added some of the acorns from Walmart and some wooden balls from Target) and the bowl itself from a thrift store.



I already had the frame with this photo in it, and then I realized it matched perfectly with this fall landscape, so I moved it to the bookshelf. The three bronze votive holders are from the Carnation Collection--they have a quatrefoil design on them that shines through when the candles are lit. (They are LED votives from Target and I love them--they have a delicious cinnamony smell!) The tray holding the votives is from Walmart. Here's another angle--you can see the quatrefoils on the votive holders better from this angle:



Here's another glass I got from the thrift store. I filled it with some itty bitty pumpkins from Michael's. Ryan actually found them as we were cruising the store for some discounted Halloween decor.



Well, that concludes our fall decor tour--stay tuned to see our Christmas spirit!




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany you're adorable!! Everything looks great, love the Carnation Collection items and your turkey-background!! GLad you had a good Thanksgiving and hope all as well!
    -Katie A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover