Friday, April 27, 2012

Fab Finds Friday: Dino-mite!

Yeah, sorry about that pun, y'all.

I'm back to share more of my recent fabulous finds with you, my fabulous readers!

I visited two thrift stores I've never been to before--both YWCA Secret Seconds stores here in Missoula. I always drive by one on the way to school, and I've wanted to stop in, so I finally did! Now I'm sorta kicking myself for not going in before, because I got some good stuff. I wonder what others scooped up in the many months that I never paid the store a visit...

Anyway, on to show what I DID get!

On this trip I had a special eye out for vintage Pyrex. I've recently started following the Pyrex Collective blogs (I, II, and III) and drooling over the adorable dishes that people find in their thrift stores...so I decided I wanted to collect some, too! Ironically, on my first look through I didn't see any, but then I double checked and these two bowls were just sitting on the shelf waiting for me. Don't know how I missed them the first time, but I'm glad I found them eventually! It just goes to show that you really should always do a double take like I suggested in my thrifty tips :)





They were pretty good deals--$2.50 for the smaller bowl (a 1 1/2 quart "Square Flowers" pattern mixing bowl, $17.21 on Ebay) and $3.50 for the large one (a 2 1/2 quart "Early American" pattern mixing bowl, $22.99 on Ebay). I love the cat and rooster on the larger bowl :)





Now that I've started my collection, I'm keeping an eye out for some other prints: Bluebird, Butterfly Gold, Butterprint, Bride's Pattern, Clover Berry, Friendship Dove, Mod Kitchen, and Stems! I used this pattern guide to figure out what I have and what I want next.

I also picked up some animal friends: a bunch of dinosaurs (hence the title of this post) and a brass duck. The dinos ranged from $0.49 to $1, and the duck was $2.



I plan to paint Mr. Ducky a fun color--maybe an aqua or a bright orange? Or just glossy white? And the dinos will befall a similar fate--I'm almost leaning toward gold, like this:


Or I may paint them a rainbow of colors and create succulent planters, like so:


Maybe I'll make succulent planters out of the ones with more space on their backs--the T-rex, raptor, and brontosaurus--and then paint the stegosaurus & triceratops gold.

Have you bought any fab finds lately? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!




Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover