Monday, April 30, 2012

This Just Pinned: April Edition

Like my mother (and millions of others) I'm a bit of a Pinhead. I could waste hours on end pinning DIY projects, beautiful homes, fabulous fashions, mouth-watering recipes, and more.

But sometimes I pin so much per month that I worry that the ideas will get lost in the shuffle. Once or twice I've accidentally pinned things to find that they're already on my board from months earlier! So I decided to do a new series in which I'll highlight my favorite pins at the end of each month.

Here are the best of the best from April. Simply click on the image to be taken to my pin, or click the {via} below each to go directly to the original sites!

Recipe:

 {via}

Mmmm. I'm getting hungry just looking at this Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken from Rock Recipes. I've tried my hand at breaded chicken many times and never managed to create such a delicious-looking crunchy crust. I hope that the recipe proves successful--I'll let you know!

DIY project:


{via}

This DIY stenciled candle holder from "Under the Table and Dreaming" is so chic and yet so simple to make! I'll definitely be on the lookout for cheap glass hurricanes during my next few thrifting trips so that I can recreate this project--I'm thinking I'll do it in a bold aqua or a classic oil-rubbed bronze.

Home/Decor:

 {via}

I'm loving this cheery craft closet from Fancy Frugal Life. Chevron, blue + aqua, and tons of storage--what's not to like?!

Organization: 

{via}

I loved this menu board project so much that when I pinned it two weeks ago, I HAD to make one on the spot. (I was on a class retreat at the time, so I had to wait until I got back the next day to actually make it). Thanks to Megan of "The Homes I Have Made" for the fabulous idea! We've used our new meal planning board for the past few weeks and loved it! I'm going to share pictures of mine in a bit, because I'm finishing up a recipe binder project that goes along with it.

Party Plans:


{via}


I'm obsessed with this "Bun in the Oven" baby shower theme! TOO CUTE! Guests could buy baking inspired toys (Easy Bake Ovens or play food) or gifts for mama (kid-friendly cookbooks, bakeware, etc.), and the homemade spread of sweets & treats would be delicious :)

Product:

{via}

Belkin's Conserve Valet helps you save power (and thus $$) by powering down when all of your attached devices are fully charged! It's like a smart charging dock. At just $39.99, it's affordable, too! I plan on nabbing one and seeing whether it makes a difference in our monthly electric bill.

Beauty/Style:

 {via}

I have no idea if I'd actually be skilled enough to pull off this gold leaf manicure--I have unsteady hands and an impatient mind--but it sure looks awesome!


Just for Fun:

 {via}
  
Hunger Games + Harry Potter + Mean Girls? Um, yes, awesome and hilarious!


What have you pinned lately?





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover