Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cream-Topped Tilapia

A few weeks back I shared my new recipe binder & menu planning board. I also promised to share the recipe to one of my favorite seafood dishes--cream-topped tilapia. This is a super easy, low-cal recipe that I like to whip up when I don't have much time to cook--it really only takes 10 minutes total (5 prep, 5 cooking!). Tilapia is my favorite (non-battered/fried) fish, because it doesn't have a very fishy taste. I usually pair this dish with rice and veggies.


I based the recipe off of this one from AllRecipes.com, but tweaked it because I wanted to use some of our light swiss Laughing Cow cheese. We buy packs from Costco, which comes in 4 containers of 8 wedges each--thus we always have some on hand. 

Here's how you can make your own!

Ingredients:

  • 1 tilapia fillet
  • 2 wedges Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese
  • 1 tablespoon softened butter
  • 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice 
  • Pinch of dried basil
  • Pinch of ground black pepper
  • Pinch of onion powder
  • Pinch of garlic salt

Instructions:

  1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Line your broiler-safe pan with aluminum foil.
  2. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except tilapia, then set aside.
  3. Place the tilapia fillet on the prepared pan, then broil a few inches away from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip fillet, then broil for 2 more minutes.
  4. Remove fillet from oven and top with the cheese mixture. Broil for 2 more minutes, or until the topping browns and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with wild rice and lightly buttered vegetables.

Mmmm. Looking at this photo makes me want to eat it right now! Delicious!

Let me know in the comments if you try out the recipe--I'd love to hear if you like this dish as much as I do!

Linking up to Serenity Now's Weekend Bloggy Reading!






Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm planning on making lemon parmesan tilapia on Thursday, but I might try this. The only thing I don't have on hand is laughing cow cheese--easily fixable! I'll let you know if I try it!

    We bought a big bag of tilapia at Sam's the other day, so maybe I'll stick with my plan this week and try this next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to get feedback from my readers, or hear a little more about them!

Pin It button on image hover